Huecore is a lean, high-growth start-up looking to empower insurers through the empowerment of drivers by democratizing connected-car benefits and unleashing vehicle data.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to work in a fast-paced startup environment designing, developing, and delivering a scalable foundation for our investment forecasting products.
- Take product ideas from ideation to implementation
- Architect, design, and implement features end-to-end
- Collaborate with Product and Design to iterate on our product
- Drive a culture of incremental improvement within the engineering organization
- Strike the right balance between shipping quickly and long term maintenance
- Help build and shape our engineering culture
- At least 1-3 years of experience as a backend engineer
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and collaboration skills
- Expert knowledge of R & Python
- Experience working with Spark/Hadoop databases and SQL (basic to intermediate knowledge)
- Ability to write reusable code using best practices (unit tests, commentary etc) independently
- Ability to understand project requirements from a user perspective and make technical decisions that are in service of the goals of our clients.
- Ability to work closely with our client’s internal teams.
- Eagerness to tackle big problems that have unknown solutions at the outset
- Passionate about solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or another technical field